If you are a movie enthusiast who finds themselves at the theater every week, then AMC Stubs is for you!
AMC Stubs is for movie goers who want to be rewarded for their loyalty, it’s a three-tiered loyalty program, with one free (Insider) and two paid membership levels (Premiere and A-List).
Of course, the higher you go up the tiers, the more you’ll be rewarded for your loyalty and the benefits will become more exclusive, these can include free movie passes, concession upgrades and cash back rewards, plus much more!
The right tier for you will obviously depend on your personal movie habits, if you go a lot or if you tend to go only a few times a year.
In this article we’re going to be outlining everything you need to know about AMC Stubs, including the different rewards and tiers, so that you can find out what the best one is for you.
How Does AMC Stubs Work?
AMC Stubs is AMC Theaters’ loyalty program. Anyone can become a member, and it’s really easy to do. You can sign up here or you can do it through the AMC Theaters app or in-person at any AMC theater.
All you’ll need when signing up is a few little bits of information, like your full name, email address, birthday and favorite AMC theater.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be taken to a page to choose one of the three membership tiers, Insider, Premiere or A-List.
Insider is the free membership, whilst Premiere members will pay an annual subscription fee. A-List is AMC’s top tier and is a monthly commitment.
You can cancel, upgrade or downgrade your membership at any time, so don’t feel pressured into committing to a paid plan straight away.
AMC Stubs Membership Cost
If you’re wanting to get started with an AMC Stubs membership, you’ll be pleased to know that you can begin a membership for absolutely free!
But you do have the option to supersize their benefits by joining either of the two premier tiers.
Here are the costs of each of the memberships:
- AMC Stubs Insider: This tier is absolutely free. You’ll never have to pay a dime to receive the benefits from the Insider tier.
- AMC Stubs Premiere: This is an annual plan that costs $15 per year. You’ll enjoy better benefits and more reward points than the previous tier.
- AMC Stubs A-List: This is the top tier. It’s a monthly plan that costs between $19.25 – $23.95 per month. You’ll get the highest level of benefits with this membership, including three free movie passes per week.
If the A-List membership is something you think will be for you, there’s actually three pricing options you have. Choosing the right one will depend on where in the US you’ll be watching movies:
- $19.99 a month: If you choose this pricing option, you’ll be able to use the membership in 34 states. Excluded states are: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA.
- $21.99 a month: This pricing option gives members access to AMC theaters in every state except CA, CT, MA, NJ and NY.
- $23.99 a month: At this price point, members can use their benefits at all 600+ theaters in the US.
AMC Stubs Insider Benefits
Even though this membership is free, there’s still a surprising amount of benefits available, which include:
- 20 points earned per dollar spent.
- Exclusive offers, screenings and other exclusive perks.
- Free large popcorn refill
- Redeem 5,000 points for a $5 reward
- Discount Tuesdays
- Online ticketing fees are waived if you purchase 4 tickets or more
- A birthday gift (free large popcorn)
- Free member Wi-Fi
There are just a few pitfalls to this membership, and these are:
- Insider members can only redeem their points in-person and online concession orders.
- Points can’t be exchanged for tickets, gift cards, alcohol, retail merch, fees, On Demand movies or anything other than a tub of popcorn, snacks or drinks really.
- Gift cards don’t redeem points when purchased, but they do generate points at the time they’re redeemed.
- Insider members will earn points much slower than the paid Stubs members.
AMC Stubs Premiere Benefits
AMC Stubs Premiere is an upgrade on the Insider membership, so it upgrades some of them and adds on a few additional perks of its own:
- 100 points are earned per $1 spent
- Free size upgrades on popcorn and fountain drinks
- You can use priority lanes at AMC theater box offices and concession stands
- Online ticketing fees are waived for all purchases
- A birthday gift (a free large popcorn and a large fountain drink)
It’s obvious that the Premiere membership is a huge upgrade on the Inside membership, here’s a few extra things that will convince you even more:
- Premiere members earn points 5x faster. So, if you spend $50 you’ll receive $5 back.
- Premiere members can redeem their points for ticket purchases and concession purchases. Which Insider members can’t do.
The waived ticketing fee is quite a big one, as ticketing fees can run from about $2 to $2.50 per ticket. If you order at least 6-8 tickets a year online, the cost of an AMC Premiere membership will essentially pay for itself.
AMC Stubs A-List Benefits
This tier is a substantial upgrade on both the Insider and Premiere memberships. Members can see up to three movies every week at any Dolby Cinema, IMAX, RealD 3D, Prime or 2D theater for free.
Other benefits of the A-List membership include:
- Reservations through AMC’s website or its mobile apps are completely free
- You can hold up to three online reservations simultaneously
- Benefits reset every Friday morning, which is great timing, as a lot of movies premiere on Fridays
- You can form something called an ‘A-List Entourage’ which allows fellow A-Listers to make reservations on each other’s behalf.
If you’re an A-Lister, you can use your free passes whenever and however you want. You could view three movies consecutively, or spread the passes through the week, or whatever suits you. There’s no limitations.
A-Listers can even use their passes on movies that have just been released, which is a massive perk.
However, there are a few limitations of the A-List membership, these include:
- An A-List membership requires a 3-month commitment up front, after this members can decide whether they want to stay or opt out
- Free passes cannot be gifted to friends or family. Only the account holder can receive the benefit
- If you cannot make your movie reservation for any reason, it’ll still count against your weekly allotment of free passes. You won’t get any credit or refund on unused passes
- You won’t receive any points on free passes, since you’re not actually spending any money on them
AMC Stubs is a great way for your loyalty to be rewarded if you are a frequent movie goer. The membership you choose will depend on how often you go, but each of the three are equally good in their own right.
You will get plenty of benefits with each tier, even the Insider tier which is free!
If you liked this article, you might enjoy our post, ‘How Many Calories Are In Movie Theatre Popcorn?‘.
- James Bond Movies in Order - March 26, 2023
- Lone Survivor Movie Review: An Intense and Authentic Tale of Survival - March 21, 2023
- Field of Dreams: A Movie That Captivates Your Heart and Soul - March 11, 2023